Under the direct supervision of the Director General, the Community Education Administrator is responsible for the following duties:
- Ensures liaison and coordination in local school matters among the Band Council, the School Committee, the School Principal, and local entities and organizations.
- Subject to the personnel plan, the budget approved by the Council, and the applicable collective agreement, approves the appointment and engagement of all local non-pedagogical staff, as well as their promotion, reassignment, leave of absence, vacation schedules, placement on availability, demotion, suspension, and dismissal.
- Prepares the budget and the local personnel plan in collaboration with the school Principal.
- Subject to the budget approved by the Council, authorizes expenses for the operations of the local school.
- Subject to the budget approved by the Council, approves contracts related to the administration of education in the community in accordance to the Cree School Board policy on awarding of services, supplies, and contracts for construction.
- Regulates the administering of moveable and immovable property belonging to the Board in the community, subject to the regulations adopted by the Executive Committee, and administers and allocates housing according to applicable policies.
- Supervises the work of non-pedagogical employees working under his or her authority and ensures a proper distribution of tasks among them.
- Is responsible for the administration of the Boarding Home Program.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Director General.