The coordinator of Cree Programs:
- Reports to the Director of Education Services.
- Supervises staff in Cree programs.
- Oversees the preparation, development and publication of learning materials for Cree Language and Cree Culture.
- Oversees the activities in the development of the Eastern James Bay Cree Writing System, and all the related resources.
- Oversees the maintenance and updates of the website housing the Cree Language resources (www.eastcree.org).
- Collaborates with Instructional Services by adapting guidelines for Cree Language and Cree Culture instruction.
- Collaborates with the Professional Development department by providing resources and expertise for the Cree Literacy program and teacher training.
- Collaborates with Student Services and Special Education by providing Cree Language expertise.
- Conducts research to improve Cree Programs.