Consult the list of programs dates and locations
- Establish a helping relationship
- Respond to clients with cognitive impairments, mental health problems, neurotypical disorders, physical illnesses, and disabilities
- Provide assistive care related to daily activities
- Provide assistence to clients in palliative and end-of-life care
- Code: 5858
- Diploma: Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
- Hours: 870
- Home support workers, housekeepers, and related occupations (4412)
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (3413)
Applicant must meet the following criteria:
Must hold a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
Must be at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the current school year and have earned secondary III credits in the language of instruction, a second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
Must be at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites: Have successfully completed the general development test and the specific prerequisites listed in the table below for the desired program, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
N.B.: For programs of study in this category, students may continue their general education courses concurrently with their vocational training if they have earned secondary III credits in the language of instruction, a second language and mathematics in the programs established by the Minister, or if they are at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed the general development test (GDT).
|Language of instruction||Mathematics|