Join Us at the CSB Teaching Recruitment and Interview Event
Montreal March 22-23!
- Learn more about our innovative programming!
- Meet with Principals and Community Education Administrators!
- Learn about our great benefits!
Location: Montreal Delta: 475 avenue Président-Kennedy
March 22: 4pm-8pm March 23: 9am-5pm
Refreshments will be served!
We’ll also be conducting onsite interviews! To apply for an interview, please click here!
Teaching at the Cree School Board
- Do you believe in the potential of education?
- Are you motivated by innovative school programming?
- Does community living and proximity to nature inspire you?
Then the Cree School Board could be for you!
Teaching at the CSB is rewarding and challenging. Our 11 schools are located in 9 communities, and serve over 4,000 students in Cree, English, and French. We employ more than 400 teachers and welcome newcomers from our local communities, as well as across Canada!
Our teachers particularly enjoy working at the CSB because of:
- Smaller classroom sizes
- Innovative school programming
- Our mission, vision, and values
- Cultural collaboration
- Welcoming communities and community living
- Pace of life
- Proximity to nature
We offer our teachers generous compensation, which includes salary, northern allowance, retention premium, subsidized (furnished) housing, paid trips home, training, and more.
- Salary (min-$39,291-max $79,546)
Additional Compensation May Include:
- Northern Allowance ($7,897-$16,429)
- Retention Premium ($3,500-$7,000)
Ranges are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Teaching Certification in Quebec
We welcome teachers who are passionate about teaching and who hold a bachelor’s degree and a valid Quebec teaching license (brevet) or other Canadian teaching qualifications. Teachers with certification from other provinces can easily apply for a Quebec license and have access to more benefits.
Click here to learn more about the Quebec teaching certification.