Interested in learning more about the Cree School Board?
We’ll be at Le Centre Sheraton March 20 and 21.
- Learn more about our innovative programming
- Meet with Principals and Community Education Administrators
- Learn about our great benefits
- Find out about our opportunities in elementary and secondary, adult education, school management and more
1201, boul. René-Lévesque O., Montréal (QC) H3B 2L7
March 20: 5 pm - 9 pm
March 21: 5 pm - 9 pm
We’ll also be conducting on-site preliminary interviews.
To register for an interview, please click here!
Join Us at the CSB Teaching Recruitment and Interview Event
Montreal March 22-23!
- Learn more about our innovative programming!
- Meet with Principals and Community Education Administrators!
- Learn about our great benefits!
Location: Montreal Delta: 475 avenue Président-Kennedy
March 22: 4pm-8pm March 23: 9am-5pm
Refreshments will be served!
We’ll also be conducting onsite interviews! To apply for an interview, please click here!
Teaching at the Cree School Board
Teaching at the CSB is rewarding and challenging. Our 11 schools are located in 9 communities and serve more than 4,000 students in Cree, English, and French. We employ more than 400 teachers and welcome newcomers from our local communities, as well as across Canada!
Our teachers particularly enjoy working at the CSB because of:
- Smaller classroom sizes
- Innovative school programming
- Our mission, vision, and values
- Cultural collaboration
- Welcoming communities and community living
- Pace of life
- Proximity to nature
We offer our teachers generous compensation, which includes salary, northern allowance, retention premium, subsidized (furnished) housing, paid trips home, training, and more.
- Salary (min-$41,390-max $80,572)
Additional compensation may include:
- Northern Allowance ($8,318-$17,306)
- Retention Premium ($3,500-$7,000)
Ranges are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Teaching Certification in Quebec
We welcome teachers who are passionate about teaching and who hold a bachelor’s degree and a valid Quebec teaching license (brevet) or other Canadian teaching qualifications. Teachers with certification from other provinces can easily apply for a Quebec license and have access to more benefits.
Click here to learn more about the Quebec teaching certification.